Monday, November 29, 2010

Holidays and shopping

I need to get out and shop. Between working all day and then coming home to work on my website, I have not had any time to do the shopping needed for Christmas. This would usually not be a problem, as I would just go during the Thanksgiving holiday and do what needed to be done. The problem this year is that I will be out for surgery. My husband is insisting that I’m not going to leave the house during my recuperation, keeping me confined to the apartment and surrounding grounds. This could be a problem, since I like to shop until I drop, literally. I don’t necessarily enjoy shopping online for gifts. For me it’s okay, but for others, I love the tactile sensations of touching things, running my card through the machine and walking down the street with bags upon bags on my arms.

The angry people though…not so much.

So the situation is really, should I go through the effort of shopping or should I, the Diva of Crafts, make everything I can and then fill in the rest. I already know the answer to that. It’s really too late in the season for me to try to make too many things, so I’m gonna have to get creative. A little bit of shopping, a little online browsing and some intensive homecrafting.

How will you be filling your Christmas list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.