Monday, December 13, 2010

Moving past the letdown

So, I took a moment to mourn my story that I’d finished. Wasn’t a long period, since I’ve been working on this bad boy for quite a while. But…I still feel a little sad. Like a friend you hadn’t seen in a while calls you out of the blue. You kinda missed them, but not in the aching sense of missing your best friend.

So, for my next story I’m finally tackling a story that I’ve had on the backburner for longer than I can remember. A nice little interracial love story about a couple that were separated by the hero’s mother when they were only teenagers. He comes back to the family fold after being gone for a long time and finds the heroine in the same town as his mother. He wants to pick up where they left off, but she has a secret he can’t know about. this is not a traditional love story in that the hero does not wait around for her and neither does she wait around for him. They both date during the first few chapters of the story, even going so far as to be intimate with their significant others. For one reason or another though, those relationships end up failing and they come back together. Of course, there are trials and tribulations even after they come together and it looks like they might never get together. the hero though…he’s waited a long time for his woman and he’s not going to let her go so easily once he realizes she’s really the one.

this one has been in my head for a long time, coming out here and again while I was working on other stories. Now, the situation is that I’m working on it and I have other stories that I want to get to. I can’t decide if having all these activities makes me ADD or artistic. *shrug*

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.