Monday, November 3, 2014

Music for the soul…

I don’t know about you, but I like a little tunes in the background when I write. I’ve tried the TV for background noise, but I get distracted…easily. Music on the other hand…once I find the right mood I can write for hours.

Let me share with you a few of my playlists

For writing love scenes:

  1. Bed – J. Holiday
  2. Glitter in the Air – Pink
  3. In the kitchen – R Kelly
  4. Sex on Fire – King of Leon
  5. She Wolf – Shakira

For writing Anger/fight scenes:

  1. Black Skinhead – Kanye West
  2. Breaking Dishes – Rihanna
  3. Caught Out There – Kelis
  4. Hurt – Johnny Cash
  5. You’re Not Sorry – Taylor Swift (CSI Remix)

For writing “normal” scenes:

  1. Dime Store Diamond – Gossip
  2. Music – Leela James
  3. Nutbush City Limits – Tina Turner
  4. Pop Goes the World – Gossip
  5. Rockstar – Rihanna
  6. Summertime – Sam Cooke
  7. Upgrade You – Beyonce

For writing the breakup/sad scenes:

  1. Airplanes – B.O.B./Hayley Williams
  2. All Cried out – Allure
  3. Not Goin Cry – Mary J. Blige
  4. And I’m Telling You – Jennifer Hudson
  5. Angels – Diddy/Biggie Smalls
  6. Breakeven – Script
  7. Climax – Usher
  8. Tonight – Xscape
  9. Touchdown – Game
  10. You Belong to Me – Trey Songz

Now, this is not all the songs, but they are the ones I keep on repeat.

What do you like to listen to when you write?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.