Monday, March 28, 2011

Catching up

It’s been a while since I posted here. To be honest, writing and I have not been getting along. Too many other things that give me the satisfaction I was lacking from writing. Doesn’t mean I stopped, just…slowed down as if I were in a school zone.  Lack of recognition, lack of progress, lack of anything really had me thinking that this was perhaps not my calling. But…stories kept coming. Piling up like an accident on the freeway, jumbling and tumbling around each other, demanding to be heard. I couldn’t stop working on them, even if I wasn’t getting anywhere. So wrote…a paragraph here, a paragraph there, but not the full on steam I was used to.

even now, I still would rather do other things than write. Perhaps I lack ambition or drive. Or maybe I just want something in the mail that says “you’re story has been accepted.”

either way, I need to find my dream again. I need to put pen to paper and finish these stories that are waiting for me. they and I deserve at least that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.