Monday, June 2, 2014

Writing Struggles

Like everyone, I have my issues. My hair, my weight, my wardrobe, my job…this is not unique. But when writing comes into play…things get interesting.

1st-Time. Time waits for no man and writer’s are no exception. Working full time and having a sort of life cuts into the time I would be writing. I set a schedule for myself, but I have yet to make myself stick to it. Call it lack of will power or ambition or…whatever. I struggle daily with the guilt of not writing enough. No answer yet.writers_eternal_struggle

2nd- ideas. It’s not a lack of them . More like too much of an abundance of them. That is not a bad thing…really. I just need to write it down and let it stew while I finish my other work. Well, that’s the idea anyway. Sometimes the idea is so strong though, I have to get it out. There is no stopping it and it can haunt my dreams until I do it. At least an outline of some kind, maybe some character sketches…then I focus back on the current book.

3rd-Want. Sometimes, a lot lately, I don’t want to write. The computer screen is lit, the cursor is blinking, but the fingers are sleeping. On days like that, I go over old stories, blog a bit, even pull out a book to read. There is no need to force it. The story is there and it will come out. Forcing it only creates more issues. It’s happening more lately, but that’s due to my life changing…again. I know once it settles down, the juices will flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.